A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, August 19, 2022

bro on bro advice overheard

Don't humiliate yourself
trying to modestly bear up
under another dude's ego
out of pity, dude
___________
Me I'm like

WHAT 
No! I - you know me
man. I was laughing 

at something I just thought 
was too cool. What you
said 
totally upstaged it. 

That's sound strong 
counsel by my look
and listen. Good 
system, and pretty 
good medicine. 
_____________

incredulity redacted
_____________

I mean it's literally 
true: don't humiliate 
yourself to be an ego 
prop just to be nice, 
that's foul. I agree like 
hell on that. 
_______________

He like
....

"Damn right, you nosey-ass 
eavesdropping piece of shit!"

(with real amity and enthusiasm,
yo - I can tell) 

_______________

Cool! 

....

A nosey-ass shit could probably 
smell itself dropping! 

______________

Annnnd we good.

Morale lesson. 

Don't LOL for out
loud real, if you're not
even all up in the conversation
as a participant. Unless
by luck and hard charm
(spoke graven clear) 
your solid cold nickel
and iron core of pure
candor can swim
upstream through
your word-hot mantle
of molten gold truth 

And you know, just 

say so already.
And aright. 
Otherwise,
can the open laugh
track tactic, honcho  

People get more sensitive
to your bullshit than you'd 
believe if you had any! 

No comments: