A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, August 13, 2022

Family style too. Or: sacred/profane

My dear old dad 
is the mother fucking man. 
He never beat me up 
but he still can. 

And way back when I had 
no kung fu, he schooled me
in what's cool about Jackie 
Chan!
Even though dad 
is no kung fu dude. He 
either knew karate 
or tea kwon doo, and 
I can never remember 
what color belt he had 

- but he's got a black belt
in being a dad!

Dear old mom is one 
saintly sort. And whoever 
calls her martyr on that 
we'll snort!
She never sacrificed-self
at your expense. I shall
have you at the mouth,
with a foil-laid
fence!

Oh no
no touché,
don't confess.
That's a stall. 

I did never 
call you wrong. 
What you said! 
That's all. 

What I said, 
that's all also, too. 
All that was. 

Take judgment 
by the roots, find 
juice and buzz! 

Or just kith and kin, 
and so may be kind. 
Be fools for love, plus 
all cause of equivalent 
find! There's no fooling
in such good stuff. 

Dear old we's only 
here for some time.
Had enough? 

We'll be here all weak!
If the gate keeps full.
Let's get butts in seats,
or just split!

Call bull.
Like mom and dad
did! In diverse respects
and ways, you remember
those, too? Good times,

let's say. 

Oh confess, it was
just a touch. Wasn't it?
Maybe just, just a bit.

Just much. 

No comments: