A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, August 15, 2022

No critique could save this show

For
no

critique 
could save
this show. 

'Cause I'm the artist, 
man. I know. 'Cause 
I'm a fan, aff-ish-nyah 
-doe. No cognoscenti, 
snob! Although, 

my rigor taste 
critique sits foul
upon my works, 
upon me now. 

The better part 
of crit is praise! 
I honor it in 
accurate ways.

Which is just why 
and to be fair, 
I call this foul 
- thankfully rare. 
But that sure was.  

A critic great 

can easily see 
I am a so-so artist, 
me.
 
And
I'm a
critic, great
and proud. However good
it does me now. Humiliate 

this humble star! 
'Fore lofty crowd! 

But wait, except - they
sure do think I joke. 
Well I (would) never,
and I'll never yet! Jump 
up such nerve, such gall 
to stand up here
to get 
laughed at!
I hope, 
I hope we'll
laugh 

with it, someday. 

Some joke

Call curtain bowing down, 
call all a play, and let's 
get butts off
seats. 

File out, go 
now 

and leave 

Me misery, no company, 
in solitude's where wallow 
is. There's awful play in it, 

you see

And I play not. 
That's just the biz

No comments: