A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, November 05, 2021

wandering trees

There was an amazing tree 
in our garden last week. 
I don't know where it came from!
Out of gathering dusk I suspect, 
it gathered each beam and glow 
of light up into its canopy, 
sure and bright 
by warming degrees 
of dusky gold, 
and oranges limned 
each branch and limb, 
and rose bloomed forth 
as the sun unrose - 
from all of the light 
it had kept within. 

It vanished, of course. 
Such trees always do.
But I bet if I catch 
the garden awares
this evening or next, 
by late afternoons 
stretching out by degrees,
I'll find it there. 

No comments: