A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, November 05, 2021

Sudden knowledge

I suddenly felt like I knew it all. 
I hadn't felt that since the day 
I left school and came back 
the next day for a decade 
and years. That 

was the equally sudden, 
decisive feeling like I
knew all I could take, 
and 
would have to make room 
for so much needless more.

This was different, and make 
no mistake on that. This was not

my usual beautiful clarity, 
that knows in this moment I find 
I am suddenly able and readily
willing to dive, fan out, ascend 
and in fresh and direct apprehension 
find out, into and all through 
whatever there may be to comprehend, 
full knowing I may not find what I see, 
once just what I saw is revealed to me. 

No, this was more full of such full
shit. Seamless and whole, I gasped 
and grasped all of it, and began 
to take it all in: by eyes, mouth, 
ears, nose, anus and skin! I felt 

quite suddenly 
I knew it all. 

And suddenly so, and so full 
of myself I started at fits, 
and bursting at seems, 
so seamy and seemingly I 
had to melt, and I felt 

I must take up and sound 
some call! To press little buttons 
and hang upon rings, to belt 
and to pelt some poor hearer 
with all of the knowing I felt
- they could reach out to grasp, 
and finger and thumb the softness 
and nap of the fine-find felt 
that I'd pelted them with. Admire
the color, inspecting the width.
Put it on, forthwith! They can belt it
themselves if they wish, that's none 
of my business attire. 

At least I would know they'd go
'round better-dressed, or at least 
best-equipped in the wardrobe, 
sire. 

The feeling was lost, almost 
at once. I otherwise than so wisely 
began a poem, to capture and rapture 
it whole. And then - my mistake! 

I laughed my ass off! At myself, 
so the frame fairly cracked in the first 
place I saw (in retrospect) had to break 
and fall, to bell-like shards. 

Still, too late. I have that frame 
in me now, known just as it was. 
I had it at once, and you know what?

It's really not hard. So I guess 
and bet, suspect and reckon that 
if there's some use or purpose 
that fits - I'll pop out in the yard

and play with it! 
Until it clicks.  

 

No comments: