A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

epiphany slip

For a minute 
no
a second or two, tops 
I gave in. Didn't 
even know 
I was fighting it 

I don't think I was,
but 
I felt
the strange edge 
of a feeling like

what if I cared?

About what people 
think? About me? 
People I don't even 
know? 

I didn't so much 
imagine that mattering
as let the edge bleed in. 
And it felt so bad. 

like pain.
It was not 
like the pain
I knew, 
so 
the sheer
unfamiliarity 
made it almost worse! 

Hey! In that moment, 
I teetered on the brink 
of falling further maybe 
all the way in. And then stopped. 

And it all fell away. Mind-blown.  
What a weird bad rush.

Surely I have felt that way
before, 
as a child, maybe 
not. 
But I
feel some epiphany, 
now I know. And I think 
that I do.  
Compassion ordering.
I need to level up 

No comments: