A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, November 25, 2021

stone's throw

I am milk
mild
meek ass
wild
bold
brass consequence!
(Presumption of)
all I can see
my way clear to: 
my part - and free
the force
of its
brute bucking thrash 
and quash! 

By which 
the world grows
round the more of what
I could not see - not possibly!
Or know conceivably - the more 
each missing part of mine 
I stoop to find and own: 

The deeper in 
and farther out
a ripple splash 
can crest to waves. 
From pebble toss 
to skipping stone, 
to boulder sunk 
to thunk displayed 
in sea-changed home.
Tucked safe and warm
in algae blanket, coral bed: 
and kissed g'night by social
morays swarming by, 
as is their norm.  

No comments: