A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

bolt Part 4: epilogue

Bolt epilogue

Yes.

The above are only three instances. Plenty of others,
though. You know, it’s
always something different.
Different things cue it. Set it
off. Different sounds, sights,
shapes. Pattern recognition. SOMETHING
UNCANNY
'ROUND
HERE!

Then I bolt.

You gotta. There’s a sense of impending
dread, delicious with threat. I love that!
It’s a great, strong
feeling, 
eerie.

Pretty wild! I never fail
to observe that feeling - unless

there’s some reason staying is
necessary or beneficial, of course.

Then I stay.

So far no calamities. The line between
intuition and imagination is not fixed. Although
in my experience, if I have some actual reason to
be in a place, the sudden
dread calm
rarely falls.
That sudden silence thrilling 
with alarum, alertness - as the
uncanny crashes in all around.

Not a thing in the surroundings
changed - only how it feels 
with me there. It doesn’t seem
to happen
unless

I’m kind of just someplace for no reason.

It’s like it knows. Knows when I have an excuse
to exist at the moment, and when I do not. When
I don’t - that’s when the feeling creeps in and seizes
hold.
That’s
when I observe 
and exercise my inalienable right to
f*ck off.

I bolt.

I get the hell out of there.

Never fails, and I’ve never regretted it.

No comments: