A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Assertive Manifesto

My self is 
an assertion. 

Yes, my self itself 
literally is. Not passive,
oh no, just deferential.
It's a courtesy I love, 
to defer to one and 
each other. 

Brass gong nope to
"Aggressive"!, haha
he he as if aggression
won one match wherever, 
anywhere, anyway
 I trod it down.

Presuming 
I noticed it there,
of course. Of course not, 
usually. Not a real thing, 
to notice, for me, 
aggression. Not

without a fight. 

Just lucky I guess.
Just assertion, I am.
Or at any rate, if not
just, I do try to be 

fair. 

I aim to be.
Just being, 
just barely,
fairly, not scarcely 
at all, and 

free. 

No comments: