A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Bolt #1: home

One time I was home (this
was at a time when I was living
in a white barn-style arrangement 

- a spacious converted loft and
a downstairs kitchen hall and loo) and
I just felt alert. All over like my soul
was electric
and my skin had eyes
seeing behind me and everywhere.

I wasn’t able to see out of my skin, mind
you, I’m just telling you how it

felt. Super alert and wrong. Something was
up.
I felt the need
to be gone.

I took off out of there.

I just took off. I needed out, big-time. It was dark
outside and cool. I went on a walk down
the concentric arrangement of streets
towards the church
in the middle, then peeled
off towards the beach.
I took the dogs. That

was my excuse.

That was one time.

I had to bolt

No comments: