A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Bolt #2: work

The second incident (non-chronological).

Another time I was at work. I had the key
and the code to the building, being
as I’m a trustworthy ess oh bee and
overloaded with work only I could do
(stupid arrangement and entirely my fault
for not cross-training and outsourcing). Anyway

I was the only one in the entire
building. I took the alarm off myself.
Almost all the whole building was black.
I turned on just the minimum of lights
to thread my way through without

banging a knee,
or
knocking anything over - I knew
which switches to flip. A few
hours in, there I was in my office
(lights on in there) getting shit
stowed and cleared for a better
coming
Monday.

I had music playing quite loud.
It was awesome! Apart
from wasting my day off.

Suddenly, something made me
turn off the music. A sound? No. There
was no sound. It was a vibration of sorts,
from my belly. I went out to the vending
machines, scored a Coke and a packet of
crisps - the good kind, finally! They’d been
out
so long.

Suddenly it all slid together in my mind.
Me alone in the building. Saturday getting
late.

Something was wrong.

I got the hell out of there, pronto


No comments: