A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, August 30, 2021

don't love me I'm over

No more to see here 
Baby, please go home 
I thought I could love you 
but now we're alone,

I realize you're such
lonesome company. 

Oh misery you, 
Oh misery me. 

So cruel, is love. 
When you're over something
that was barely a gleam
from a dream, never seen 

Don't love me, not-darling
I think we bring out
the worst in ourselves
Without any help 
from each other. 

I thought
that I could be the one
you could need. 
But all that I want 
is for this not to be, 
unless you could remake 
you and me 
to become what we know 
now this can't be. 


No comments: