A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Bakunin Bokonon

Every time I see a quote by Bakunin 
I think it's from Bokonon. So I'm like 
damn that's a pretty sweet dude most 
times, but he sure gets grumpy, too

When I discover my mistake, inevitably
I always reflect on how different Cat's Cradle 
would be with this jarring note. All those
characters embracing Bakunin instead. 

Imagine 
surrounded by warm, frozen death 
well past the end of the world, 
sky filled with tornados -  
on a petty little island
where fate left you stranded, 
you encounter Mikhail Bakunin: 

the founder of collectivist anarchism,
frozen solid and covered with frost
with his tongue sticking out 

No comments: