A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

welcome bag

Hey new neighbor
maybe you remember me, so
just
in case you do, I'll

just leave this
upon your porch

no push, the bell
no clack, the knocker

really, there's no urgency just
whenever you get the chance,
happen to notice, open

the door, maybe later
you're going out
pretty much like before
like you always do

like a bitch? you would demand suspiciously
but I'd quell that bull shit suspicious shtick
with my patented COLD EYE

and speaking of which,

And furthermore
wow,

WHAT

a huge, beautiful brass
knocker you've got! This door
should have two of these

Really stand out.

Anyway, for you

in case you don't remember who
it's me, from before and I'll just

leave this bag
on fire,

which

is actually appropriate,
if you think back a bit

please do.

No comments: