A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

"the whole shebang"

I slip the entire
cookie in my mouth.
It's a common procedure
I learned from a man
whose grasp on life is simple and light
and sweet - even more than you say I am.

I sip the whole beer
down in one pull.
It's symbolic of how
I drank that beer.
It's meant as a beer on our life and times,
and I think it succeeds. It's strong and clear.

I'd like to take you
in just this way.
Not to consume
or devour whole,
but to slip me a taste of you self and all,
and never stop taking you in 'til I'm full,
which I've never been,
but I'd like to see.
What it's like, how it feels.
So much you in me, and the whole full all of you

still right there, holding my gaze

and breathing my air.

No comments: