A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, December 18, 2017

the abundance

By the way,
if you ever were sad
to think that I don't
have a crush on you,

it's not that I don't.
It is that I do, but
I'm never troubled by
crushes, anymore. Their

fierceness, their sudden
surprise, the pang, the punch
- falling dizzy to catch yourself
and righting the world

before it can crash -
I'm an old hand at this.
A bit too old, and
in fact,

quite a catch.

And you, yourself, yes.
Most definitely. Don't
trouble yourself with
the slightest doubt.

But it isn't a problem
between us, you see.
It can't be, because

where affection,
fondness, respect
and love are concerned,

we don't keep our souls
in a state of drought.

No comments: