A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, December 22, 2017

borderline predator

Do I reassure you too much? That
you're safe

from me, that the thing I want least
is to be

unwelcome, to do or offer any thing
unwelcome to you. You tend to laugh

it off, or not laugh, but

no, not scoff,

actually, you're just
appreciative. But with a hint

of nothing else.

Still, maybe I push that note
too much. I mean, which of us

am I trying to convince? I assure you,
it's not convince, but remind. And
me.

It's because I'm secretly a borderline
voracious predator, not like

a
wolf,

more like
Gojira itself or something, except
ok,

that dude has never been seen predating
anything; the mouth parts, the rubber

teeth, yes

that's me, and
I hope you appreciate how great a feat
it is, for me to hold back my rubber-suited
fury from absolutely devastating

your Tokyo
of personal
dignity and respect, I mean

actually, it's no effort at all to me.
I put all the effort in

in the costume-design phase, and
yes,

you're safe from me.

2 comments:

Mel said...

"Your Tokyo of personal dignity and respect" may be the best thing you've ever written.

dogimo said...

I love that I have to click "I am not a robot" to leave this comment!

Thank you! Do you really think so?

Ha!"Verification expired." I have to click it again!