A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, December 01, 2017

222.2

This morning I weigh
222.2 lbs

that's with wallet and jeans,
and Chucks and socks
and a t-shirt
and drawers

and a hoodie on
from my morning smoke,
plus the lighter and pack.

But with all of that,
plus my morning b.m.

subtracted, I hope
and suspect I will find,

I weigh quite incalculably

less than that.

Unfortunately, it's
a thought experiment only, because

I have not time to poop, what with
breakfast at table, and me

eating it. That's going to throw off

the scales a bit. Who has time

to poop before it's really time?

There's always something. We must live
and explore!

We'll poop when we're dead

Or

a little before. And who cares

what I weigh?

About 224.

No comments: