A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, December 02, 2017

all the way to here

follow, follow, oh
I will follow you

If you stand right there, feet planted
going nowhere

I will follow, oh I'll
follow anywhere you stay

If you'd only stay, you'd never see
the sight of me
going away

Welcome you, I welcome you
to other parts of this same
place we've always been,

it's like a different world awaits
if you would only stay to see

and if you chose to stay,
with me - you know I'll be
a-following with every step,
I'll keep right up, just stand
right here, right by your side
I'm ready, set.

To follow, oh I'll follow you,
and welcome, oh I'll welcome you,
I'll welcome you,

and all you need to do is lead
me, anywhere right here is good,
and follow, I will follow you

all the way to where we'll still
belong, you know - like I'll belong
to you, and you'll belong to me,
because we'll know full well
we should. It's set in fate
like paving-stones, that lead
us onward, down paths known
I'll follow you oh, if you lead

where life is leading us to be.
You know where this is leading to,
you lead me on, I'll follow you

No comments: