A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, December 29, 2017

die for less

the least I could do

is come through for you.

I wasn't put here for any
of what I thought, maybe

I never thought I was, but
in the middle or towards

the end of it all, you found
me.

And I want to be responsible.

I want now to find my potential,
and fulfill. There just wasn't

a reason before. I may be all wrong
about everything known, but I think

I will. There's a reason now, to shoot

and score,

and win it all. Or at least our fill.
It's not just showing off, anymore.

There's a matter of life or death

for once,

there's a thing at stake

that I actually want.

And it's selfish of me,

I admit, but it

would also be quite a stunt,
and I've never been

so thrilled.

No comments: