A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

a drinking contest between me and the wine.

my eyes are lips - not windows, no
(they drink you in) but still they lead
straight to my soul

my soul's been put
in such a state I'd call it drunk,
from drinking you

but that's no sin
I tip you back
and drink my fill. My heart is lifted high -

my eyes, so full of you they start to swim -

my mind's lost touch, my fingers slide
and slip - but not a drop is
spilled.

Now, drain the glass
again
now, fill

this one last glass to brim
is overkill
but raise it up
again:
to light
to life
to you

too much

too much

to quite take in

This thirst won't quench -

just one more glass

okay,

you win

No comments: