A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, January 31, 2011

The Gods have since revoked my gift

The Gods have since revoked my gift
the clouds had parted,
clear and hard, the light shone down
one chosen one
I
stood in mist,
with halo crown
and raised my head:
disordered skies

I moved and shaped the fog in waves,
from that - progressed, to carving clouds
with two bare hands and scornful gaze
until I'd built up towers high
and pushed them forth,
they roiled and spat electric curse upon the plain
lashed crops with rain
as gales blew flat the humble habitations there.
My cold laugh carried
down the wind
to stricken ears, and shaking fists

the Gods have since revoked my gift.

the Gods do as they wish. Who cares

No comments: