A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

a bit too personal

I like long walks on the beach
holding hands
I can dance, but I'd rather not lead
all those fancy footwork held-together
dance-step techniques and routines
they're too beautiful to see, oh, I wish that was me
but I can only dance free-
style, to

semi-modern music. Apart
- not together, dance apart
the way each person does their best,
and does their best to watch the other's best
and tries not to overstep
and maybe
apes or imitates a move or two
as long as it doesn't come across as being ridicule

that's how I dance
so as not to show you up, or
appear to be ridiculing you. In short,

I'm pretty considerate.

I like flowers, gourmet
desserts, a cigar
from time to time
and a woman who doesn't mind

but who is quite ready to speak her mind

none of that's to say
I'd be opposed to taking a dance class! or
couple's therapy, whatever -
it's all tantamount. The upshot is:
people need help. Sometimes

help

I'm very romantic, maybe even Romantic
with the capital "R", as if to say
I come in after Classical, and sneer down at Modern
from a cape-tossing windswept height,
from far up upon my quaint, antiquated antihero amoral basis
that makes the world and me all seem, well
pretty awesome, but I digress.

Besides, who can really say what's best?

I've said too much.
I leave it to you,
you know what you want!

I guess

No comments: