A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

protect you

good, seeing you

Some dumb rock show huh? See the people around
bounce, bounce off

I will do my best to hold a space
around you.

My best is not bad
(it has to be)
This band is too great
to risk ruining it when you start kicking people!

But I don't know why - after all that is past,
why I am happiest
when I can circle my arms
around your shoulders protecting you.
as if you need it. as if you ever did

did I shrink and you grow,
since the days when I thought you did?

and now
do I grow, and you shrink? my gorillalike forelimbs
sheltering your birdlike bones - no,

you are strong. Not hollow, nor fragile, yet you
lean in

just a little,
and I am sure I am neither so strong, nor so clumsy as my hands
suggest -

And there is nothing between us to protect,

anymore.

but you.

No comments: