but aren't they all random?



A Pocketful of Poesy was a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog* up until the great derail of 2013. The impossibly-high standard of quality proved impractical to keep up, without a book deal. But don't take my word for it: click RANDOM and judge for yourself! And feel free to offer your critique.
*based on poem rate for calendar years 2009-2012. Also, kidding about the book deal.

Friday, November 13, 2009

I Love Jess Lane

I love Jess Lane,
I don't mean that in a way
that my sweetheart need be concerned about, though
I know
Jess Lane
may not be famous enough
to technically be exempt under the star-crush rule,
but she will be, though.
I know that much,
and I'll be there in line,
waving photo and pen,
saying "Jess, you done fine
- and would you sign this
'With Love,'" - I know you aren't
too impressed
with irony
who would be?

which is why I asked

with my dog-beg eyes

No comments: