A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

she puts it all together

There's nothing I've said
to support what she knows
it's between, in the lines
where she's planted her rows
and I've flatly denied
said a hundred times, no
there's no crop there to grow
but she reaps what she sows.

She interprets rebuke
to mean time isn't right
interprets contempt
to mean playing along
interprets a shout
to mean feeling is strong
but it isn't the time
that's been wrong.

What can I do or say?
when her facts are all made
of what I never did,
never said, no display
no attempt on my part
can gainsay what she's built
of what she says I meant.

She's got cases of guilt
she's made up every fact
to fit snap to her case
and there isn't a crack
to let light on the face
of the sad picture puzzle
she's made of her mind
and my heart - she accuses
- but that wasn't mine.

I suppose she'll wake up
someday years from now, bolt
upright, suddenly: light goes on
"oh my God, oh - I sure treated
that guy like a real psycho bitch!
To invent all these feelings for
him, and then pitch righteous fits
of revenge, when he only said: 'No!'"
I suppose she'll wake up someday
years from now, though

- no.
Actually,
I don't suppose so.

No comments: