A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, August 17, 2009

I've been struck infinite times in the same place

never felt like this before
it's different what you done
it's different like a hockey stick
to a magic wand
it's different like Mt. Everest
to a towering cumulonimbus cloud
yeah both are big
and both rise up
but only one sends lightning down
sent down my spine, just fried my heart
rewired my nerves and made them start
in ways that could have killed before
but now they work like magic, or
like science, yours - I'm brought to life
anew in love, and in my image
walks a man who never lived,
a New Man wrought
by what electromagnetic alchemical transfiguration
I know not.
I know not the cause, I only know
where the mystery lives
in you, in your galvanic
kiss

I

groan, and
grow.

No comments: