A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

walking home from pool

Nobody's ever seen me drunk. It's
not how I want to be seen, even once
I walk home from pool. I don't fool around.
I just had my first cigarette in six months.
I stagger and sway, I'm alone walking home -
it's a couple of blocks, I play into it. So?
But the guys at the hall, they know I'm on
the case, on the ball, they don't fret,
(though we all play guitar)
But I look at the wall, as I walk past the wall,
and it's solid and firm so I give it a punch.
And it feels good to me. As the stop sign comes up,
I stop just for kicks. I'm sober as fuck. Nobody's ever
seen me drunk, and I've asked. I said,
"yeah, you have," but so what - it's a joke.
And it's all in good fun, and I'm all in good fun.
And I get home and she's like "do you smell like smoke?"

No comments: