A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, August 09, 2009

the last of the breakfast

for dinner I'm having the rest of the breakfast
it's just as delicious as everyone said it was
- couldn't remember; Memory was bleared -
they said I put three plates away while they cheered,
said I puked
between each of them, then dug back in, to slaps
on the back, I collapsed in the kitchen, to nap
for an hour or ten,
then awoke
to a ravenous hunger
and many a poke in the ribs, as they steered me
quite kindly to table: a large juice and gin
and a big café bueno,
a plate piled high
with the last of the breakfast.

it's just as delicious
as everyone said it was

No comments: