A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, August 24, 2009

Kentucky Fried Chicken!

Kentucky Fried Chicken!
It's that original recipe for me!
Made juicy crisp, with the skin I like to bite
with my teeth, and strip that hot slick white flesh
from the underlying lattice of bones, with
my suckling lips
and mouth

HOO!

I like to gnaw and chaw that good dark-meat
and savor and slurp that white meat too
so tender and firm, that luscious flesh
I don't like to see a vein, though
very dark red, just kind of there
flaccid, dead
like a thin string,
a crooked, broken finger
accusing
trailing out amid the tendons and juices
I don't like that
that puts the point a little too close to home
of what exactly happened here.

if I were a vegetarian

I guess,

some of the sides

would still be ok

chickens shouldn't have veins, though

it's gross.

No comments: