A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, December 30, 2022

Street Fight

She leapt airborne
upside-down helicoptering
at me with whirlybird legs 
and a karate yell!

I knew it 
was a dream 
as she kicked me
six times in the face, same
cheek, alternating feet, 
and recovered with 
a neat tumble 
and crouch. 

I shook my head, said 
"hwoof!" and blinked. 
"That's some wild upside 
down flying helicopter 
kick, miss! Does your 
mom know you use 
your legs like that?" 

She narrowed her eyes, 
leaped forward on one leg 
and kicked me between 
literally twenty to thirty 
times with the other. 

I began to suspect this 
was some kind of game 

to her.
I didn't know 
any of my fancy moves, 
so I popped a low crouch
and foot-sweeped her about 
fifty times right in the ankle 
fast! Too fast! She couldn't
react, just kind of stood flashing
from the impacts with her head
thrown back 

'til she dropped. She was way 
better than I am, baby. 

But I've got my sweet move. 

No comments: