A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, December 06, 2022

no kid

When I was a kid, being a kid
used to take up all my fucking 
time. It was what I did. I wasn't
playing either. Serious. Well
I mean of course I played games, 
but that was most serious of all 
sometimes. Depends. Anyway 
when I got grown up, I started 
kidding around! Bullshit! It's like 

I forget what it was like being 
a kid. That grim focus on year 

eighteen, saying "just get there. 
All will be great. Ice cream 
anytime, spaghetti every night 
if I want, nobody can stop me 
from anything!" So when I got 

there, it all came true of course. 
And there wasn't anything to be 
serious over except shit that 
happened in the world. Bad. 

Meanwhile in my own life, 
I became sincere instead 
of serious, and I never 
looked back until 

just now

No comments: