A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Sunday, December 11, 2022

proselyte reception technique

Soo smebody was like hey,
"Mind
if I talk 
to you about
our Lord & Savior?"

I was like hey "Knock yourself
out you can talk about YOUR
Lord & Savior all night! But
I've got mine and mine's
the best."

"Jesus Christ" they said?

"Don't blaspheme, CUR."
I intoned: "MY LORD 
will take care of you 
later for such slips!" 

"No no I mean - is your
Lord & Savior Jesus Christ?"

"Mind your business."
I intoned. "Just get on
with your sales pitch. We'll
see 
who's interested." 

Wait. Out of curiosity 
I asked, "Are you saying
yours 
is
Jesus Christ?" 

"Sure is," they intoned. 

"He's pretty great, isn't he?"
I broke into a broad grin: winning,
winsome - but with a sort of mysterious,
maybe mischievous conspiratorial leer
in it, the almost sneering superiority
of 'we in-the-know,' Lording around, 
Lording all over. A grin like that   
- like being in cahoots with some
stranger who thinks you are.

"So,"
I nodded indulgently. "Gimme your
best Good News pitch. I'll help you
tune it up a bit. Big time."

No comments: