A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, December 08, 2020

sure feeling w/critique

I feel so sure 
about us. It's a little peculiar, 
but maybe only because I am. 
You are comparatively sound, 
sane, normal - sensical, wrung 
in reason and with truth rung
like bells a few rungs up the ladder 
from where I fell - but I emphasize, 

only by comparison could I say 
all that. Otherwise or not at all 
wise, I'd admit (though I wouldn't
have to) the whole thing is odd. 

And it isn't. That's what makes it 
so odd. That I'd admit it when 
it isn't. Anyway, I have to admit 

it is, odd. That I feel so sure 
I mean. About us. 

But I do! 

Weird. 

No comments: