A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, December 07, 2020

My son is an alcoholic.

My son is an alcoholic. That's why
I didn't give birth to them. (I didn't
presume my own son's gendersexual
identity choice or preference, just then.) (I
assume my son would be woke like 
me, or that I would correct them 
eventually to the point where one 
of us would woke up. In break or bend,
I don't bet on me! Smart money's
on pup,) but yet, here's more
to the point:

I didn't give birth.

In some ways, you could call me
a traditionalist, and one of those ways
I'd say is this: giving birth is a mystery
ritual which unfolds in an agony and 
bliss (?) whose rites I'd reserve elsewhere,
just now. Not that I'm saying a woman's
required, no! Or has to, oh hell no. Figure
it out! I'm just saying 

Anyhow. I didn't give birth. And not 
because alcoholics deserve not to live, 
but this is my son 

we're talking about, just here. Please. 

Don't speak your turn, if you haven't 
a clue from experience you 
haven't been privy to 
in this, your
life. 

If you do
pop out (of
your turn, with your chime-in
piped-up clout) I might get so mad

I swear,

I could make you my wife. Like that. Right
here. Just how. You should hold my beer
while I kick your ass. Now.
Are we clear? 

O, yeah. That's right. 

Just pass. 

I can see your end from here, 
and it's passable, 
but it's not quite right. From 
a narrative arc standpoint, I'd say 
you've got growing to do. Now:
flight, or fight, or fright, I think 

we should try it your way. So 
what do you say or want to do?

I can't talk you in, but I might 
talk you out. Hey, my man - 

let's call it a day and screw
in the night. There's no cause 
here we should answer to. 

No comments: