A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

the mysterious case of one's virginity

Somebody took my virginity.
Mea culpa, I'd left it lying around
unprotected. Didn't really value it
or treat it right. I abused it
repeatedly in fact, and in

The actual event,
I smuggled it in unawares! Wait.
She was fully conscious. Soberly
interested and into it, she just

didn't know that's what it was. Guilty
as hell for the subterfuge, I made it
my business to make sure she'd never
find out! What did that have to do

with me? I thought at the time.
Just an accident of circumstance,
could happen to anyone. Could have
happened any number of times, if not
for the embarrassing fact. So

she took it and ran
off like a bandit, no idea
of the suspiciously blank
provenance of this particular
piece. She took it as given,
unconcerned in implications
and ramifications,
prior associations
or lack thereof. She just

took it. Woo hoo

Thanks!

No comments: