A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, June 27, 2020

impromptu

She kicked her slinky leg
up over my shoulder and gave a
sardonic bump with her hip. Her hand
snaked back 'round my head and
her eyes
immovably bored
into mine. "Ha!"
one of us said,
but she kept up
her winding-in
standing dance,
while
I
stood stock still
for awhile, as I stand stock
still.

I was feigning
with a vengeance
indifference with a difference.
Preposterous in such a fix!
Yet she fell for it.
She saw right through me
and thought me insouciant,
impudent, blithe

- and so all of this.
Here we are, how we are.
How are we to keep it up
for the rest of our lives?
We
shall
improvise.

No comments: