A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, January 04, 2020

Things you don't need me to do

You don't need my explanation,
least of all of myself.
You don't need my approval
or my permission. You don't need
my apology or my circumspect. You don't
need me putting it mildly, you don't need
me noting that it was, in fact, mild
which is why I put it so mildly. You
don't need what I mean. Well not
particularly, it seems. You don't need
my agreement with what you said. You
don't need my disagreement either
that's for sure. You don't need
my clarification that I was just
being easy and natural like always,
giving what I felt moved to give,
no more

no less. Such things should go
without saying. It goes without
saying they will, then. Okay. I can try
to do better, however, you don't need
me to. What's left? It goes without
saying I did not need you to say any
of these things. Yet you did, and
I didn't feel the need to complain.
Especially not
in such a smartass way. I did it

because I wanted to. It goes without
saying
you didn't need me to.

No comments: