A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Saturday, January 11, 2020

Reply in comments.

I don't name names, Narc.

Or were you trying to card my credential? Slink off
and go take a masters up yours, please
advanced degrees
past a certain point just prove you're good
at school. I have no

thing
to prove to you, thankfully
or otherwise, and people
in my personal lives are private.

So you're free
to card, question, doubt
or disbelieve me, I made no claim - truth
in anecdotal form is not a claim, it's

reportage. Testimony. Evidence
is not brought loaded to bear, a person
is assumed witness and their testament
curious and sufficient, in a matter

pertaining to nothing but itself.
Nothing riding on it, to raise
the standard. No extraordinary claim,
either. The ordinary support
of my word will do. If not so, for you? I've

certainly

no burden
you could impose
or make stick, dipstick. No, sorry
dimwit, I

do not name names. The substance
as I reported it is accurate and
refreshing, bears on nothing but
to illustrate a point - as in
a parable? Were those stories'
historicity of-the-essence? At
all relevant? Whether it actually
happened? No,

my tale was true
really, historically
so, but

unless you hire me
with a contract
on a paying job, a commission
to convince you then no, sorry

I've no burden at all
to.

It's a little
like a bet,

Marc.
Or is it

mark?

No comments: