A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

I taunt you with the best in online poetry

...I got.

I said I taunt you with the best in online poetry
I got. Ready?

Let's begin.

In the time it took
for you
to read this poem,
I had
already written it off,
and was running up another one, you know, yeah
I knew you did.

You have heard this one before,

and it's STILL THE BID. YOU KNOW I GOT

more rhymes than the wind's got chimes! YOU KNOW
I GOT more styles than a model's got smiles, YEAH
I rock more beats than hotels got sheets, and if
you take a breath to think,
you'll be drowning for weeks!
In the downpour I'm the deluge, you're
the paper cup - hey now, hey, no you can't predict
the course I make up,
'cause I'm just making it up
(albeit that whole snip
from "I got more rhymes," et cet
was a just a very little bit
they call "homage,"
sincere from me, to mines)

But for the rest?

Check it.

I'm the free style imp! As in provocateur, I can
extemporize a lie, by the time it trips the tip
of my tongue, you want more! - 'cause
you've seen for yourself, that it's done
become truth, fresh and hot off the shelf,
Certified organic modified and double-blind proofs,
by repeatable experiment, control the whole group,

until they go dumb stupid in a doof doof bush.

Goose a kooka, shimmy down and catch a boot in the tush!

Uh huh. Uh huh.

Shhhht. THIS, is the remix. BACK ON BEAT I GOT
more off rhymes off hand on beat, than it
could take a fully-staffed rock band to
defeat, even though they would LOSE,
shouldn't even compete.
I don't let fools win. When I slip
When I sneak up, and TAKE THE STAGE
you'll never find it again, I GOT MORE slick rhymes
than an illegal chef
with the contraband spice on his meat
named Jeff
could grill in double-shifts without sleep
for a week! Get copped, and then
tossed in the pen!

If you know what I mean,

I mean,

I don't,

but I'm already past
the last point between
when I started to care and stopped - just that fast,
we'd gone long past there, it clocked
attoseconds less
than your last thought popped
in your head, but wait WHAT? was I just
thinking about? I got

I mean I don't quite,

(with the power of recall I've got)

have a doubt that I'll screech this train
in its tracks, drag it shrieking in steel
by its booming caboose (this is a convoluted metaphor for
brain, but stick with it, we're almost through) 'til
it's all the way back
where it was,
pick it up,
pick it up

- that's the stray little-thought-lost! Yeah, I know
no need to thank me,

it was just because. No cost.

Thank you, thank you

Remember cats, it doesn't take a very big man
to lie about his size. Trash talk's a pastime,
maybe, but not much of a calling if you ask me
which you didn't.

Still.

Surprise!

No comments: