A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, January 21, 2019

folly

to frolic
in whimsical bliss,
and burrow to deep depths
of fancy, for this

is the goal that all art
and artists will stray

just as far from the mark

to avoid any risk

by some chance, they will have

to explain it to you,

and so

explain it away.

Hark. Harken,

Hark unto me, dear.

They are cowards, each one. To the very
last each, they have underserved
none of such judgments. As if

they can't say

what the truth

of such beauty

has done. To them,

in the test, in the proof

as a rule. But maybe I'm not

one
of them,
at all.

I'm the critic

I always have been.

I must be detached

all the way,

as I fall.

No comments: