A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, January 24, 2019

approaches to infinity

I begin
infinitely, which means
it never ends, and cannot possibly

be justified in speculation by pretend.
Take your reduced, cut-rate logic
and drawing out to a point as far
from your reach (your finger isn't even
aimed right), call it a line

and pronounce "unacceptable!"
so peculiarly that I consequently
change my mind on what accent it is
you're so trying
to fake. Dear me,

darling little you whomever you suppose,
(so great, but)
that isn't a line, it's a run. And
I? Do not believe in panty hose, or
in such low jokes as those,

Let alone me. You should
wait! Never mind. No fun.

You were way ahead of me once
again, too slow for you
to really get,
and left

behind.

No comments: