A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

the jutter

I jut
suddenly
forth into the sky
across the same stretch I always,
over and out above
the sea
washing in beneath me
in ever-eroding crash
and spray, in waves
eating waves.
They are carving for me
a feather-bed
wherein one day I will lay
my dashing and broken head. But

for now, I jut. Irrevocably.
Immutably moved by my inward
thrust into outward hold,
immovably held
in the negative space
that surrounds my must,
my need, my savagely
cutting jib - and they say

I strut!

Don't believe one
lying word
of it.

I jut.
And jut.
And jut and jut
and just as if carved
from living rock, living ever since
in a state of suspense, surprise
and a start of sudden
continual shock,

I am giving myself
in habitual pose
like an innocent cock
in a doodle of dithering fret
and sketch, of constantly weaving
background noise. I stick out bright
into ratio, calling signal to me

in a static grace of dynamic poise.

No comments: