A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

shamus

My reputation stank
as a private eye.
It was bad luck for business
'til she walked in,
and she laid out the case.
It was just my style.
I asked a couple questions
on time and place
and people and details,
and where to begin. It
took her a while
to bring us to speed.
I sent her out looking
for a bottle of gin,
and two specific clues
- which I thought
we'd need, which
she brought back cold.
She said "Let's hit the trail
now, before this gets old,"
so we did. She asked
do clients typically
come along? I said
it all depends
whose side
your on.

No comments: