A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Friday, July 12, 2019

beach days

We rode in on the wings of storm
that probably accounted for
the lovely sparseness of the crowd
in this begotten beach town. Oh,
how loud they weren't, my bathing trunks!
And how yours kept so nearly on -
in pounding surf, stayed by your hand
despite my watch and jinxing warn
- it's good, of course your suit
stayed on. I really wouldn't want
defeat of modesty in such a lass
by such triumphant surf, so perfect
warm and free. And so complete. We spent
two days in that small town. Came once,
and were drawn back again. I cannot
separate them now. I keep misplacing
key events, from one day to the next
and back. I'll only say, I'm sure
your suit stayed on. Except
for one brief flash

- but that's the way beach days
should be, should go, should blend
so seamlessly between the next,
the one before - and days to come.
One hopes for more.

No comments: