A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, July 08, 2019

rest home

I imagine a house with spreading eaves to branching canopies of leaves, come spring. In bud and blossoming, they’d bring forth blushing summer fruits to feed what comes on wing to nest, and sing amid the limbs, and rest in cool green light, to darkling deeps of starry night - their souls to keep a touch more safe. And grateful for the welcoming roof I’ve built, and build. A restful place, for busy lives. For this we live, and die, and kill.

It’s worth our lives, to find such peace. It makes sense now. It’s beautiful. It’s winning, charming, caught and held. There is a secret I could tell. The plainest truth, unfinishing. If anybody needs me now? I will be in the living room beneath the roots, diminishing.

No comments: