A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Wednesday, June 06, 2018

Who are the Golden Dinosaurs?

The voice talent
in the jewelry store radio ads
around here can't enunciate for shit.
It's not even one store, it's

two, at least. Are these employees?

WHO are the Golden Dinosaurs?
How many times have I marveled in wonder
at their mystery? It's "gold and
diamond source," moron. But who's the more
moron, the moron or the mrmnmn hwn mrmnmn
nrmnwm? Take your fine custom diamond
crusted ball gag out, maybe.

And then this, from some other place
I don't know:

"But it's all worth it, when
you see the look on her face when she sees
herpes for the first time."

I shit you not. Emphasis unmistakable:
"HER peas." Pointedly not "her piece." Yet

call 'em up, I bet they'll solemnly have you believe
it's all worth it when you see, when she sees herpes -

- for the first time. Oh, give her her peace.
For Seek's Pate, the look on her face 
will say it all. Now all I want

is a beautiful dream:
to journey fantastically to a land where if I look,

I might find the leader of the Golden Dinosaurs - wise
Ankylosaurus, resplendent in her hairpiece.

The look on my face when I see her piece for the first time -

will be worth it all.


2 comments:

Mel said...

I enjoyed this one very much.

dogimo said...

Yes! Thank you!

It's childlike with wonder, or perhaps, one durr.

Maybe more. "Wise Ankylosaurus" just clobbered me.