A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, June 07, 2018

useful employ

I am full of my powers
like Sherlock Holmes
with way too much foot in the game
and no need in the veins
for illicit stimuli

with a case at hand to crack
with my mind. The best damn consulting
Detective you'll ever find.

I am that guy.

What's this!
Who's that at the door?
By the heft of a step
in inevitable chains
to cause, from effect
and the hesitant knock,
I deduce a whore, or
rebellious priest at the very least.
Or a ghost.

Perhaps, of a stevedore.

Oh, let them come in! Omit
thank you, please. What need
you must have of my services
in times like these.

No comments: