A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Monday, May 07, 2018

tactile sense

I remember you
touching me, from a dream
I always wake up from too soon.
I know you're here with me,
right here

in this new memory,
we're singing snatches of our song -

you haven't got the words, but
I haven't got the tune.

You've got it locked up
like a secret
one to never be repeated
and I feel you moving over me,

and I'm this close to begging you,

And we will be completed.
As you whisper
something I can't catch,

I'll say it back to you
And that
will be just ours,
for no one else. We'll fall asleep
for once, both knowing
this time

we will keep it.



1 comment:

dogimo said...

Thank you!

I read it one way and it falls into place perfect. I read it another way and it ends in midair, missing something. But I think I will hold out for perfect sometimes rather than try to change how it ends!