A Pocketful of Poesy was and is again a Poem-a-Day(-on-Average) Blog! For 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and now for 2017 and going forward, you may expect to see 365 poems every year, 366 for leap years.

but aren't they all random?

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Magic time

My favorite time of day
As rose and gold come into the sky,
and the ranks of trees, deep green
as we know they are, begin to glow

All the colors and shadows will deepen
from here, and the sky just now
is a seashell blue, cast with seafoam clouds

for a calendar, that never comes out
but it's there for you,

if you go out now.

I can't help but think,
my favorite time
quite probably comes

twice,
if I got up early enough,
I could watch it unfold in reverse. And I love
things backwards, so I'm

sure - wouldn't it
be nice?

But things being as they are
in the universe,
I am satisfied
with the magic time
that comes but once, everyday

I could set my calendar by
the sundial, as the shadow grows

so tall and wide, opens up,
and the earth sinks in.

Intermission. Begin
act two
of the play

We shall see how it goes.

No comments: